June 6, 2012 by readytogetsweaty
HAPPY NATIONAL RUNNING DAY!
Can you tell I’m pretty excited about this day? :)
So, I decided to forgo my traditional What I Ate Wednesday post to instead tell you why I love running. So here it goes…
- Running makes me happy.
- I keep proving to myself time and time again that I’m much stronger than I think and if I just believe in my ability, I can do anything.
- I love running because of the people. I’ve met SO many great people through running and found a community of friends showing me that running can bring out the best in myself and result in loving friendships.
- Running clothes are so very cute and comfortable.
- Running has given me strength.
- Running allows me to eat peanut butter by the spoonful to fuel.
- Running is a never ending learning experience. I’ve learned so much already, yet still have so much to learn.
- I love running because it makes me a better person.
- I love running because of the “fun” races I can now participate in.
- And finally, I love the fact that my goal this year is to run a half marathon!
What do YOU love about running? How did you spend National Running Day?
I ran 2.25 miles at a 10 minute mile pace and LOVED every second/minute/mile of it!
xo – Rachael