August 16, 2012 by readytogetsweaty
I’m trying this new thing, going to the gym right after work instead of stopping by my apartment first to get changed. I’ve tried this in the past, but it never really stuck because I never seemed to like what I packed – what can I say, sometimes I’m difficult. Anyway, last night was a reminder of why I shouldn’t pack anything, let alone gym clothes, at 5am. I FORGOT SOCKS! This isn’t the first time, but it will surely be the last. Since 3 miles was on the agenda I knew I needed some socks. So I ran (okay, drove) to Walmart, picked up a 10 pack and got right back to the gym.
So yesterday’s fiasco got me thinking, “What should I be keeping in my gym bag?,” What do other people keep in their gym bag?” As much as I’d like to go snooping gym bags at my gym (NOT), I figured I’d reach out to you all.
Here’s what is already in my gym bag…
- I’ve got socks thanks to my Walmart trip where I stocked up!
- I’ve got Nuun. So necessary for hydration before, during and after long or hard workouts.
- Then there’s some essential pre, during and post snacks. Right now I’ve got Cliff Shot Bloks, a Luna Protein Bar, and a couple mini Clif bars.
- I’ve also got some face cleaner wips.
- Oh and you can’t forget the hair bands, bobby pins and headbands. I still don’t have a sparkly soul headband. I know, I know, I gotta get on that.
- And a couple other essentials like deodaurant, body spray, etc.
What are some essential items in your gym bag?
xo – Rachael
P.S. I’ll be attending the Health Living Summit Friday – Sunday (as if you already didn’t know), so expect some fun posts, tweets (@ready2getsweaty), etc. I’m going to try and post daily recaps, but we’ll see how that goes.