September 14, 2012 by readytogetsweaty
Before we jump right into the whole reason you are actually reading today’s post, I want to share last nights dinner with you. During my brisk walk yesterday after work, didn’t have too much energy to do my 3 mile run, so it turned into a 3.5 mile walk, all I smelled was people grilling burgers. I may be a vegetarian, but the smell of grilled burgers gets me every time! I even ran the last mile because the smell was making me SOO hungry. So as soon as I got home I made exactly what I was craving – a Tone It Up Black Bean Burger, homemade sweet potato fries (seasoned with black pepper, chili powder and cumin) and raw green beans.
Now doesn’t that look delish?!
I’m thinking this dinner may make another appearance tonight, it was just that good!
Okay, now on to the real reason for today’s post.
Pumpkin Cinnamon Raisin Protein Pancakes
1 medium banana
1/4 cup egg white (you could use a whole egg if you wish)
2 T canned pumpkin (not the pumpkin mix you would use in a pie)
1 scooped protein powder (I used SunWarrior Vanilla Raw Vegan Protein Powder)
1 T ground flaxseed meal
1 1/2 T of raisins (I used Wild Harvest Organic Raisins)
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t pumpkin pie spice
- Cut banana in 1/2 and put half to the side.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Be sure not to over process or your batter will become too watery.
- Spray a pan with cooking spray and set heat to low-medium.
- Pour batter onto the pan.
- Cook each pancake for 2-3 minutes on each side. Be sure the inside is cooked thoroughly or it will be mushy.
- Place pancakes on a plate, top with other 1/2 of banana sliced and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- I topped mine with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a teaspoon of maple syrup.
Nutritional Information for the above pancake, without anything added.
Enjoy and have a great Friday
xo – Rachael